Ham Radio Deluxe utilizes a country and prefix database that is roughly equivalent to the AD1C list (www.country-files.com). The country data itself doesn’t require constant maintenance. It is updated when new countries are added or removed from the DXCC list or when unique callsigns are in use that do not easily map to standard prefix parsing algorithms. The prefix masks contained within this data is rather complex and it is recommended that operators do not modify it. Updates will be made as frequently as necessary.
- The countries information can be seen by clicking on Countries and then Manager within the Logbook main menu.
From here, users can also access the Unique Callsign Database by clicking on the “Unique Calls” button.
- This prompts the operator for the Public or Private UCSDB.
- It is recommended that operators do not add or modify the entries in the Public UCSDB. These will be maintained and updated as frequently as necessary by Ham Radio Deluxe Software. Operators can create entries in the UCSDB by clicking Private and entering specific information about a callsign.
- Clicking the Add button provides a dialog box that the operator can use to enter the information.
- NOTE: While this method can be very effective, the operator should consider that using the Logbook as a callsign lookup source provide the same capability in real-time. That is – if the operator gets a call logged to the correct country on the first QSO, then the need to maintain a Private USCDB is unnecessary.
- Hint: The lookup methods already use the Public UCSDB to assist the operator in logging the QSO to the correct country on the first try.