The band map is a very useful feature. It takes DX spots received by the DX Cluster and plots them visually on a graphical "band map."
The features of the band map include click-to-tune, filter, zoom, VFO tracking, and spot retention.
The most recent five callsigns added to the band map are shown as red.
- The band map can be filtered using the filters created for the DX Cluster pane.
- The Zoom button provides a method to zoom in around a tighter frequency range.
- The Undo clears the zoom.
- Double-clicking on a callsign in the band map tunes the radio's VFO to the spot's frequency and puts that callsign in the lookup pane.
- Tracking options enable the user to determine what VFO is displayed on the band map.
- Main will cause the band map to change to whatever band the main VFO is tuned to.
- Sub will cause the band map to change to whatever band the sub VFO is tuned to.
- No tracking leaves the band map on the selected band. This is very handy when the operator is watching for spots on a specific band - say 160m or 6m.
- Retention times for spots placed on the band map are selected here.