Start a new topic

Problems uploading to LOTW

I am having problems uploading to LOTW.  On Sept 15th I got a email from ARRL saying that my certificate had to be updated. I thought I did everything correctly to update TQSL but obviously I did something wrong because now I get an error when I try to upload my contacts from HRD.  The error I get is “Failure to sign the ADIF with TQSL, see logfile for more information”.  When I look at logfile I get the attached .

I am having problems uploading to LOTW.  On Sept 15th I got a email from ARRL saying that my certificate had to be updated. I thought I did everything correctly to update TQSL but obviously I did something wrong because now I get an error when I try to upload my contacts from HRD.  The error I get is “Failure to sign the ADIF with TQSL, see logfile for more information”.  When I look at logfile this is what I get

I emailed ARRL and they responded that I should request a new certificate, which I did and their instructions were to install the new certificate which I did.  Now when I try to upload to LOTW I still get the same “Failure to sign the ADIF with TQSL, wee logfile for more information”.

I reentered my LOTW password and also entered the same password in TSL opinions for private password.

What do i need to do to fix this?

Thanks and 73,

Tom K9ver

I emailed ARRL and they responded that I should request a new certificate, which I did and their instructions were to install the new certificate which I did.  Now when I try to upload to LOTW I still get the same “Failure to sign the ADIF with TQSL, wee logfile for more information”.

I reentered my LOTW password and also entered the same password in TSL opinions for private password.

What do i need to do to fix this?

Thanks and 73,

Tom K9ver

docx
(98.4 KB)

1 person has this question

Thanks I'll give it a try

Well that worked. Now I am getting "LOTW verification Failed. Please check logfile..."

Sorry to be a pain but it was working fine before I updated the TSQL

Hi Jeff,

I had the same problem. Try putting your user name in as the private password. This worked for me. Select all the log entries to upload, click on top left "Upload to LOTW", Pop up window just add user name in private password, click on "Upload". Green bar runs left to right across bottom of pop up. Once it gets to the end, leave for a few minutes, before clicking on "Finished". May take up to 10 minutes to appear on your LOTW page. If your LOTW page is loaded on the same computer, it won't auto refresh to show the upload, you have to either come out and go in again, or keep clicking on the circular refresh arrow on the address bar! Good luck, Andy A

Thanks Andy. I have tried that and still getting:

I have looked at the logfile and all looks good to the last line simply says login failed. I can manually up load and down load files from LOTW with no problem. I have erased username and passwords and reentered them still no luck.  Nothing changed I simply updated the TSQL file and touched nothing in HRD log book.

Hi Jeff,

My problems started exactly the same as yours - with updating the TQSL File. The fix I gave you worked for me - just tried again this afternoon and the file updates no problems and the records are transferred. I am clutching at straws now - comparing  your ADIF file address with your TQ8 file address (on your screenshot), - I notice they are slightly different, where mine are exactly the same apart from having either .ADI, or .TQ8 at the end. Your ADIF file address has HAMSHA~ in it, and the ~ is missing from the TQ8 address? Not sure the whys and wherefores of this, or whether it would make a difference?? The other setting you could check is from HRD in the logbook,

Click at top of page Logbook > File > Export > ADIF.

On final pop-up ensure ADIF ONLY selected, then close window. Not sure if this has a bearing, as I say, clutching at straws, but I hope if you find a fix you will let us know what it is or was??

Good luck Andy GW0KZG

Thanks again Andy. I see what you mean, but danged if I can find much less modify this file. There is no .TQ8 files. So I am not sure where this is generated from.

Yes the ADIF only is checked......Still working on it.

Thanks again

Jeffery,

Can you log in at https://lotw.arrl.org/lotwuser/default using the user name and password you are entering in the HRD upload dialog?

Charlie - KØLAF

Jeffery,

I suspect that either the username or password you are entering in the HRD upload dialog is not the correct ones for logging into your LoTW account. Can you log in at the LoTW website using those credentials?

73, Charlie - KØLAF

I want to thank everyone for this help. I have it working. Charlie, I had entered and reentered my username and password with no luck. Then it hit me to reset my password on the LOTW site. I did this and used the new passed in the logbook upload and it worked. I dont know what did it but Thanks for the idea Charlie.

Jeff WB5WAJ

Login or Signup to post a comment