Start a new topic

Problems uploading to LOTW

I am having problems uploading to LOTW.  On Sept 15th I got a email from ARRL saying that my certificate had to be updated. I thought I did everything correctly to update TQSL but obviously I did something wrong because now I get an error when I try to upload my contacts from HRD.  The error I get is “Failure to sign the ADIF with TQSL, see logfile for more information”.  When I look at logfile I get the attached .

I am having problems uploading to LOTW.  On Sept 15th I got a email from ARRL saying that my certificate had to be updated. I thought I did everything correctly to update TQSL but obviously I did something wrong because now I get an error when I try to upload my contacts from HRD.  The error I get is “Failure to sign the ADIF with TQSL, see logfile for more information”.  When I look at logfile this is what I get

I emailed ARRL and they responded that I should request a new certificate, which I did and their instructions were to install the new certificate which I did.  Now when I try to upload to LOTW I still get the same “Failure to sign the ADIF with TQSL, wee logfile for more information”.

I reentered my LOTW password and also entered the same password in TSL opinions for private password.

What do i need to do to fix this?

Thanks and 73,

Tom K9ver

I emailed ARRL and they responded that I should request a new certificate, which I did and their instructions were to install the new certificate which I did.  Now when I try to upload to LOTW I still get the same “Failure to sign the ADIF with TQSL, wee logfile for more information”.

I reentered my LOTW password and also entered the same password in TSL opinions for private password.

What do i need to do to fix this?

Thanks and 73,

Tom K9ver

docx
(98.4 KB)

1 person has this question

I forgot to mention I have TQSL V2.5.6 installed

Hi Tom most failures are related to passwords even though you have not changed any clear and re-enter your LOTW password and any others related to this upload in HRD. 

If this does not help try saving a qso or two and using only TQSL try uploading these to LOTW see what happens.

73 Morris WA4MIT

I reentered my LOTW password and tried it again and I still get the Failure to sign the ADIF with TQSL.  I am not sure what to put in the box for the private password and I don't know how to retrieve that password or change it

73 Tom K9VER

put in anything for the 'private password' ... It will be fixed in the next TQSL release.

1 person likes this

Ron I did that and I still get the Failure to sign the ADIF with TQSL

Tom,

With the semi official v.256 ,then no private password is required (like it should be).  Unless you set up a private password during an update of your TQSL account.

73 W3RJW   Ron

I don't remember if I put a private password in or not.  When I open the upload page it shows a string of dots in the private password box.  If I did put one in I don't remember what it is and I need to know how to recover it, change it or delete it. Deleting it would be the best for me.

73 K9VER Tom

I am not sure if I entered a private password or not and I need to be able to either recover it, change it or preferably delete it and I do not know how to do that.  When I open the upload page it shows strings of dots in both the LOTW password box and the private password box.  If I delete the private password box I  still get the Failure to sign ADIF to TQSL.

73 K9VER Tom

I created a ticket for you and you should receive an e-mail from us.

I'm having this problem as well. I had received an e-mail from ARRL about renewing the certificate, and did pretty much the same thing as Mr. Loock. I've even tried old passwords as well as the new one. About this same time, I also changed my password after receiving word that it had been compromised on the web.

I tried uploading a couple of contact directly without HRD using only the certificate, and that did seem to work.

Hello,

I had the same problem after renewing my certificate.

My private password had disappeared in the TQSL options window.

I just put it back and it works.

73 jerry F4HJO

1 person likes this

i still get the same problem  up load my log as a error said an error iin the upload that my state is la no period but the on

upload is la. and wont up load . the other problem is it takes a hour or more to log my logbook and itakk ahour or more to back up so i can close . this problem when i download tqsl  new verison. please help this old ham rray crain kbrga

Same problem here. Loaded TSQL V2.5.5 and get the "Cannot sign TSQL:..."

I am attaching my HRD logfile. I see no problems when I look at it...but what do I know. Hi Hi.

I can export a ADIF file to LOTW with no problems.

Jeff

WB5WAJ

Jeff, 

If using TQSL 2.5.5 then put something (doesn't matter what) in the private password box of the HRD upload dialog.

Charlie - KØLAF

Login or Signup to post a comment