Start a new topic

QSO forwarding doesn't work

Hello, I use HRD logbook with WSJT and I want to forward the QSO information to Logger32 using UDP forward.  I have tried many things but nothing works.  If I export the contact in ADIF format and Import it in Logger32,all the information is log ( name frequency qth and so on ).  But if i'm using WSJT to forward to Logger 32, many info are missing like name , qth , county , state .....

Is this a known problem ?  i'm using  version 6 HRD

1 person has this question

Hi Andre,

If you enter a QSO into HRD using the Add button and entry form does the record get forwarded to Logger 32?

Charlie - KØLAF

Andre. Could you go from WSJT to Logger32 and then forward to HRD Logbook?

Wolf,   All the info is log in HRD logbook after the QSO is made. like name, QTH, State,  But if you setup QSO forwarding nothing goes out on that UDP port.  That is the problem. Nothing goes out at all.

O. K. Andre. My approach was that HRD Logbook can send only those data fields to other logging software that are filled in HRD Logbook itself?

Wolf, DL6JZ

I don't want to receive in HRD I want to transmit from HRD to Logger32

Hello Andre,

did you check the flag "Fill in missing fields on Receive" in Configure --> QSO Forwarding?

Wolf, DL6JZ

Mike, 

What's the point of forwarding the QSO to Logger32?

I just want to maintain my other logbook, that's all, and it's supposed to be able to forward if I enable UDP forward on any ports non confilcting, but it doesn't.  That's why I was asking the question.  Why it doesn't work for me ?  Does it work for anyone out there ?

Mike,

I just want to maintain my other logbook, that's all, and it is suppose to be able to UDP forward, but it doesn't work.  That was my question, Why it doesn't work for me ?  Does this works for anyone else out there ?

Wolf,

I know what you say, but when I do make a contact with WSJT, it is sent to HRD logbook via JTalert and all the info of that QSO is in ( Name QTH, State etc ).  My question is,  how come HRD logbook is capable to lookup this information before logging it in HRD logbook ?  It must interogate a server before final logging.  And this information is Supposed to be forward if I enable UDP forwarding, but it doesn't work, even if my 2 UDP ports are identical.  In the documentation, It is supposed to be able to maintain another logbook ( and I choose to maintain Logger32 for personnal reason ), so this is what i'm asking for.  Is there someone out there who can try to UDP forward a recent QSO made in HRD logbook to another logging program ?  And please, do not change the subject.

Thank You  73 de André VE2WNF

You're welcome Wolf.  They kinda snuck this one in on us.   And of course Logbook has to be enabled as the first lookup source.

Ron W3RJW

Hello Ron,

thank you very much for your hint. The Callsign Lookup by Logbook is disabled by default. It works good after enabling.

Wolf, DL6JZ

Wolf,

"HRD Logbook makes a new lookup for every logged QSOs and does not look backwards for previous QSOs with the same station."

The previous contact lookup  function was restored in the latest version of HRD (.301).  It works again.

Ron  W3RJW

Hello Mike,

I habe been using logging software since 1993. Most of the software I used in the past time have the following feature. My English is to bad to find a good name for it but I try to describe it:

After entering a callsign into the ALE window the software is searching for previous QSOs with the same callsign in the user database. And it prefills the ALE windows with the constant data fields of the QSO partner like NAME, QTH, GRIDSQARE, ... The source for those values is the most recent QSO record where those fields are not empty. In Logger32 the user can chose which datafields will be carried on to the ALE Window.

My personal experience is that the QRZ.com lookup is much more exactly but the user has to pay for it, hi. So I do not miss this carry on feature for myself since I paid to QRZ.com.

Wolf, DL6JZ

In other words - what can we add to HRD Logbook that you have to go find in Logger32?

Mike, WA9PIE, VK4EIE

Hello Andre,

First you have to remember that WSJT-X logs basic data only: date, time, call, freq, reports. Logger32 and HRD Logbook are logging QSOs in a different way.

Logger32 has the ability to carry on data fields from previous QSOs to the present logged QSO. You can configure which fields are carried on and which not.

HRD Logbook makes a new lookup for every logged QSOs and does not look backwards for previous QSOs with the same station.

Wolf, DL6JZ

Login or Signup to post a comment