Start a new topic

Callsign Alerts

Has anyone been able to use the callsign alerts in DM780.

I get no audio when a station is even calling CQ nor any station I have listed in my alerts>

Thanks 73 Dave

What version are you running David?

David. I have just tried it on my setup, HRD v6.7.0.301 and it gives me the alarm. I have it set so it announces the station in the supersweeper, and it plays an audio file of my choice. Perhaps check your default sound card?

The latest version  . I had an old version 5 that works great.  But not the latest version.

Any thoughts Steve ??

Tnx for the help.

oK SURE WILL  THANKS dave

STEVE I AM USING A SIGNALINK WITH A USB SOUND CARD  PLUGGED INTO THE LAPTOP.

WHERE IN THE PROGRAM CAN I FORWARD THE AUDIO TO THE SOUND CARD 

THANKS DAVE

This is what I have in my set up. I use the sound card within the rig, and the PC sound card for the alert.

I've included steps that I'm sure you have already followed, because they may help another station later.

In setting up, as a test Alarm, I chose a special event call sign that was working many station, and thus his call sign was decoded often. This allowed me to try different settings and not have to wait too long for a trigger.

IN DM780, if not already set View> Alarms

In the Alarm window, select the NEW

The first tab of a new window is selected. Make sure the Alarm Enable box is ticked.

The TITLE and COMMENT are relative to identifying the alarm only.

Match Receive Text is what is going to trigger the alarm. I suggest for test purposes, you put your own call sign in all 3 sections of this tab.

Select the second tab Match: SuperSweeper Only

Tick the Callsign(s) box, and enter Your Callsign

Switch to the third tab and make sure Enable is checked. (This is also where you change the alert colour, which was another question on the forum)

Finally, on the Fourth tab, if you just want a "Ping" or "Beep" sound, check the top box, and also make sure the setting is enabled in program options as per the dialogue.

and/or

Enable the Text-to-Speech box, and type a message to hear when the alarm is activated. You can press the speaker logo at the right of the box to listen to the message. Radials beneath are self explanatory

and/or

If you wan't a sound effect, tick the last box, and pressing the button to the right with 3 dots on it, select the sound. It must be a .wav file, but can be a short sound, or a whole song!

OK out of this section, and press SAVE. Name it Test Alert.

In the same window, the new entry you have just created should be in the list. Tick the box to select it, and then press TEST from the menu header.

A new box with two options entitled "Test Enabled Alarms" is displayed, with you new alarm in the lower part. Enter the trigger word in the upper section, which in our case is your callsign. It doesn't matter if it is upper or lower case, just so long as it matches the trigger word.

Press "TEST" and you will hear the alarm you have successfully set up. Alarms will play in the order (if selected) Beep, WAV sound file, and then the Text spoken as you typed in.

The last thing to do, is activate the alarm in DM780, or just the SuperSweeper. In the menu of the SuperSweeper window, click Alarms so it remains highlighted. If you click the little arrow at the left size of this button, you can select an individual alarm, or multiple alarms.

Give it a whirl and let me know.

8.PNG
(60.5 KB)
7.PNG
(5.49 KB)
6.PNG
(11.7 KB)
5.PNG
(17.2 KB)
4.PNG
(10.5 KB)
3.PNG
(15.1 KB)
2.PNG
(10 KB)
1.PNG
(11.9 KB)

Sorry. The drop down alarm list, is on the right of the "Alarm" button as per the picture!

8.PNG
(60.5 KB)

The alarms have not worked since the 6.7.0.252 Beta release.

Ralmond. Have you followed the instructions above and followed the pictures? If you don’t get sound, then your default sound device may not be set correctly. Don’t confuse with default communication device.

Can anyone see those pictures provided by Steve? In my browser they are just 50x50 thumbnails.

Charlie

1 person likes this

Charles, your right! I have no idea why they are thumbnails? They were screen-grabs in all their glory.

Let me see if I can upload them to dropbox or something else, and I'll post a link back here shortly.

Here is the link to the pictures and also a .txt file with the accompanying text.

Screen Shots from GJ6WRI for Alerts

Hopefully this will work for everyone.

73 Steve

I've just found out Charles Young, if you click the picture, it gives you a thumbnail, but if you click the link for example 3.PNG, then you will get the bigger image. Well, it does for me! Can you let me know if it works for you too?

1 person likes this

Yes, Steve, clicking on the link opens a bigger image. I'm just so used to clicking on the picture to open it that I never thought to click on the link. Maybe someone else learned from my ignorance. Thanks for the help!

Charlie - KØLAF

Login or Signup to post a comment