Start a new topic

True panadapter front end similar to SDRuno or SDR Console 3

Just a suggestion, but boy it would be nice to have an interface like SDRuno or SDR console 3 that is actually a part of HRD and works natively within in. Any chance something like that could happen? There are a lot of add in boards out there that can Tap the IF of an aging radio, dump it into an SDR and give it a very useful panadapter output. I think it would be great if HRD had an elegant, integral, interface such as that. Rich ~W1SPS

1 person has this question

That would be great...but I'd just settle for them making the spectrum scope they implemented this year work as well as the one in N1MM. ;)

I am using my SDRuno with a [separate] laptop as a panadaptor. Would be very nice to control the SDRuno  AND my TS-590SG from the same PC. Anyone has an answer for that?

I wanted to elaborate a bit more.

I have an IC-7300 with a PTRX-7300 Panadapter unit in it. The PTRX-7300 unit taps the IF from the radio and outputs it to my SDRduo. The SDRduo then displays this info on SDRuno or SRD console V3 for a very nice Panadapter Display. I use Omni rig to control the Rig through the SDR software. 

I would much prefer HRD to handle the Rig control via the SDR software.

I have two wishes:

1. It would be great if HRD could interface with and control the Rig through SDRUno or SDR Console V3 even nicer to have a module similar to those but actually part of HRD.

2. I would love to see a module for FT8 that has the abilities of JT-Alert and time sych built into HRD that plays nice with Gridtracker.

Right now to do FT8 I have HRD and HRD Logbook, Gridtracker, WJST-X , JT-Alert and a time sychronizer  running. Then when I want to do SSB I shut HRD down, keep the Logbook active, Run Omnirig (to control my Rig thru SDR), run either SDRuno or SDR Console V3.  A "one and done" or close to it solution would be nice.

Hey, something to think about. Just sayin...

Rich W1SPS

Login or Signup to post a comment