Start a new topic

Limiting volume on HRD rig control

I'm looking to limit the volume of an ICOM PCR-1000 which is controlled by HRD V5.24 for remote listening using the RemoteHams.com system. There are some listeners who like to crank up the AF Gain to 100%. Unfortunately, I have to use a microphone input on my Zotac PC as it is the only sound input on the box. I don't want to add a separate sound box externally just for Line In.

When listeners crank up the AF Gain to 100%, it overdrives the input. So I wanted to know if there is a setting somewhere in HRD that would allow me to limit the AF Gain, say to no more than 60% or 70% so that the microphone input is not over-driven. When someone is not listening, the default frequency is 14.230 for capturing SSTV images with MMSSTV. After a user has logged off, the AF Gain stays at 100%, thus over-driving MMSSTV. Thus the reason for limiting the AF Gain control.

is there a setting somewhere in HRD V 5.24 that would enable me to make this limitation? Any other way beyond HRD that would allow me to limit the AF Gain?

Thanks.

N8MDP

John

Login or Signup to post a comment