Start a new topic

Missing PD-120 and other SSTV modes in SSTV nodule of DM780

Today ISS is sending pictures from orbit.

iT USES sstv MODE PD120.

HRD SSTV module doesn't have this mode and also many others which have MSSTV.

I had to use MSSTV engine to receive. It is not convenient.

Any chance to update SSTV abilities by missing modes available in other programs i.e. MSSTV?

6 people have this question

Version 301 MMSSTV does have all the current modes including PD-120.  It does need to be up graded to the latest  MMSTV version 1.13 though.

Hi.

As I wrote, I am able to communicate SSTV PD-120 using MSSTV, but much more convenient is standard HRD DM780 SSTV user interface, which doesn't support PD120 and many other SSTV modes MSSTV does.

Why it PD-120 and other mode shouldn't be included in the next releases of DM780?

There will be no need to use MSTTV overlay anymore.

I just tried to download and get it running but neither I or the computer could find the sstveng.dll on the drive.   This was ver 1.13 and allowed it to put it into the c:\ham folder.  

I have been experimenting with SSTV from the ISS the last 2 days. 3 Radios, 2 computers and a phone, 3 different antennas and 3 different programs.In my experiments though RX-SSTV did the best decodes, on all 5 of the passes I watched. Colors were off on MMSSTV.

I really wish HRD and DM780 would do PD120 too, but it was a fun experiment.

I found the same problem...."I just tried to download and get it running but neither I or the computer could find the sstveng.dll on the drive.   This was ver 1.13 and allowed it to put it into the c:\ham folder. "

Anybody with  ideas where to find it?

Login or Signup to post a comment