Start a new topic

Logbook menu/configuration bar

Hello,

I've been using HRD for about 8 years and this has never happened. My Logbook layout has been stripped of it menu bar. There's not layout options, no way to configure anything in the logbook at all. The area where file, view, configure etc and the "application ribbon" should be is all missing. Basically the only part of the logbook screen that is displayed is the logbook entries themselves and buttons associated with editing the logbook entries. Does anybody have any idea where this menu bar went or how to reset the logbook layout to its default setting? I've tried all the F keys and nothing helps. Thanks in advance.

Jarrod

version 6.7.0.277 by the way.

IMG4773.JPG
(4.18 MB)

Hi Jarrod,

I can't open the jpg you attached but from what little I can see from the thumbnail, it looks like you are in full screen mode. F11 should toggle between normal and full screen. 

If that doesn't work, you may need to open a support ticket.

73, Charlie - KØLAF

I tried F-11. It does resize the window but the menu bar does not reappear. I’ve tried dragging some of the parts of the screen that are displayed but nothing moves. I’ve tried to resize different parts of the logbook by grabbing the logbook and sliding it to the right or grabbing the bottom and dragging it up. No luck. There’s got to be a control-? key or an F-? key that makes that menu bar reappear. The part that kills me is before this started, this layout wasn’t saved like this and the computer was never shut down with the logbook looking like this. Anyways, thanks for your reply and assistance.

Can you just close it by clicking the x in the upper right corner?

I can close it by clicking X in the upper right.

And then what happens? Can you use Task Manager to close any running Logbook processes. If you then restart HRD what happens?

Well when I click the X, logbook shuts down and I’m left with the main HRD radio control screen. I’ve checked the task manager for remaining logbook processes and found none. If I reboot the PC, and open HRD, logbook reopens in it’s screwed up manner.

Can you use the snipping tool to send a screen grab direct to me at k0laf@arrl.net?

I opened a trouble ticket and the quick response I got (on a Sunday morning) was this: Close Logbook. Go to C:\Users\your account\AppData\Roaming\HRDLLC\HRD Logbook\ Delete all LogbookMainLayout*.xml and LogbookSavedLayout*.xml files This fixed the issue and brings the layout back to the original settings that HRD creates upon installation. Thank you Charles and HRD support for your help.

1 person likes this

I'm glad you go it working.

73, Charlie - KØLAF

Login or Signup to post a comment